Sunday is all about calm completion of discrete tasks. Skimming the fat off brown chicken stock (buy whole chickens; use all the parts). Thinking of what to make for a potluck tonight (roasted broccolini? sauteed green beans?). Cleaning. Emails. Coffee.
I recently had a very good dinner at Lukshon, which I would describe as a Western rendition of East and Southeast Asian dishes, one whose so-called authenticity is unknown to me but which nonetheless conveys clear, compelling flavors. And just mere steps from Lukshon is Father's Office, Sang Yoon's better known place.
A few things online have also caught my eye:
- Chinese chicken clay pot, minus the clay pot
- Brunch in Istanbul (bar trip?)
- The Foodie Bugle, an online food magazine
- Marking the progress of The Piglet, Food52's cookbook tournament
- Considering rereading Toast by Nigel Slater
And how have you been spending your weekend?